Highlighted

Lightroom Classic not loading properly

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Lightroom Classic the "splash screen" appears very quickly and everything seems to load with the exception of the image in the navigator screen. It then hangs until I click anywhere. Thereupon the splash screen reappears and continues loading preferences. It then seems to hang again until I take any action (mouse click or key press). The whole program then loses focus and the message at the top says it is not responding. Another click and I am given the option of quitting or waiting. I then choose wait and about 10 secs later we are all go.

Thinking that this was a bug that would be sorted out in the next update I soldiered on until today when there was an update and the problem is exactly the same. I have tried resetting my CC7 Preferences.agprefs by removing it temporarily and restarting with no success

Suggestions would be welcome.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic not loading properly

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Lightroom Classic the "splash screen" appears very quickly and everything seems to load with the exception of the image in the navigator screen. It then hangs until I click anywhere. Thereupon the splash screen reappears and continues loading preferences. It then seems to hang again until I take any action (mouse click or key press). The whole program then loses focus and the message at the top says it is not responding. Another click and I am given the option of quitting or waiting. I then choose wait and about 10 secs later we are all go.

Thinking that this was a bug that would be sorted out in the next update I soldiered on until today when there was an update and the problem is exactly the same. I have tried resetting my CC7 Preferences.agprefs by removing it temporarily and restarting with no success

Suggestions would be welcome.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn the Splash Screen OFF in preferences and see if the issue still happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it. Loads in about 5 seconds with no problem. Thanks for your advice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. It has gone back to failing to load properly. Any other suggestions? Reinstall perhaps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create and use a new catalog, does the problems continue?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it may be solved. See above but thanks for taking the trouble to answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines