Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not opening since latest Big Sur update to v 11.2.1

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I updated my macOS Big Sur yesterday to version 11.2.1 on my MacBook Pro (16" 2019) Now my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 Release will not open. All I have is the spinning wheel. I have rebooted and all things I can think of to no avail.

Any assistance would be valued and appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jane

PS I have the same set up on my iMac and it is all working as it should be

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 10.39.17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following.

1. Turn off GPU acceleration in LrC preferences.

2. If 1 did not help revert to version 10.0 use the Adobe Creative Cloud to uninstall and reinstall.

Hopefully the fix that Adobe is working on will be released soon.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Denis for your reply. 

1. No access to LrC preferences so couldn't try that
  2. I reverted to the earlier version as you suggested and that version fails to open to. So I have re-installed the latest non-opening on!

As I said earlier, it is all working fine on the iMac with all the updates. It just isn't working on my MacBook Pro (16" 2019) after the update to the macOS Big Sur from V11.2 to V11.2.1

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues on this end with 11.2.1 on a MacBook Pro (2019). 

Try resetting your preferences, can't hurt, might fix it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thank you for your suggestion. The URL you've given is error 404 Page Not Found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again for the suggestion to reset LrC preferences. I found a link to the reset guidelines and deleted the file as suggested, restarted and clicked reset preferences on my attempt to open LrC. A dialogue box opened to select cataglog - that done the spinning wheel continued once again with 'Application not responding' greyed out
above the LrC icon (see screen shot)

What would be good to try now? Really appreciate your suggestions to resolve this issue

PS Meanwhile I have been onto Apple support and they have exhausted all their options to solve this issue.
about LrC iconabou Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 18.51.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines