• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not opening the catalog after MacOS upgrade to Catalina

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please guide. The Lightroom catalog is saved on an external hard drive. The iMac OS was recently upgraded to Catalina. Now when I "Open Catalog" in Lightroom Classic, I get the message "Lightroom cannot launch with this catalog. It is either on a network volume or on a volume on which Lightroom cannot save changes". What can I do to fix this? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the permissions to the FOLDER where the Lightroom catalog is stored. You must have write permission to that FOLDER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalina

So, cyber security got bumped up and if you answer a prompt wrong, you get into application access problems.

Outside of Lightroom Classic, in your MACOS, bring up System Preferences. Select Security and Privacy. Select the Privacy tab. 

I will assume that you keep photographs and/or your catalog in the MACOS folder named Photos

Continuing on, scroll down to Photos, if Lightroom Classic is not listed as having access, add it.

Next scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic, and while hou are at it, fir Photoshop, make sure all drives are accepted, checked.

Some users are directed to scroll just a bit up to Full Disk Access,  and add Lightroom Classic, this is not absolute.

BE27CB15-4371-495F-8651-BA82491075AC.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines