• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not printing correctly when a DNG is zoomed to fit the frame

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print from the print module, if the image aspect ratio does not match the frame and "Zoom to Fit" is selected, I can reposition the image within the frame to select how I want it cropped to fit.

With tiff images this works fine. With DNG images the positioning is ignored. It always prints in the same position no matter how I adjust it. The positioning is shown correctly on screen, but does not print correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply a DNG for upload that produces this issue? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, I cannot. This problem seems to be unique to captures saved by my Pentax K-5. When I try to upload one I get the error "The attachment's _igp1190.dng content type (image/x-adobe-dng) does not match its file extension and has been removed." I've taken thousands of DNG captures with this camera and not run into troubles. It also won't let me zip up the file to send you. If you can suggest any other way of uploading it I will.

I have uploaded a couple screen shots of the behavior, one is the layout settings in the print module, the other is the incorrectly shifted output that I get when trying to print with these settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was incorrect, this problem also appears to affect captures from my Pentax K-3. However once again I can't upload any because this site won't accept DNG files created by either of my Pentax cameras. I did discover in trying to find a file that I can upload that it seems to be important that the original capture was vertically oriented.

If you can give me a way to get this site to accept one of my DNG files I will happily upload it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum won't take raw files as uploads. Please put your dng files on a sharing site such as dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, creative cloud file sharing, or somesuch and paste a link to the files here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Over the weekend I was able to find a way to work around this. Part of the problem seems to have been that I usually use landscape in my page setup because that format makes better use of screen real estate. I discovered that if I switch my page setup to portrait mode and leave "Rotate to Fit" selected that seems to clear this up. I suspect it's some combination of the image being auto-rotated based on camera orientation at capture, auto-rotated for Rotate to Fit, and then auto-rotated yet again for landscape page setup, since portrait is the default layout for most formats. And then on top of that, however Pentax is using DNG format to store raw captures in camera.

I'm pretty content with making that adjustment to deal with this issue, but if someone is interested for debugging I'll put one of my images online somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines