• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not recognizing Camera Raw 13.2.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a call to Adobe, it was revealed to me that the most recent Camera Raw 13.2 is not supported by Lightroom Classic 10.11 which will have its own update apparently in the near future. That being said, this web page is misleading as it infers that Camera Raw 13.2 works with several Adobe applications.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera RAW has no effect on Lightroom Classic. I don't see where it was ever claimed that Camera RAW did have an effect on Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hyperlink I post infers that Camera Raw affects several applications including Lightroom Classic. Secondly, <About Lightroom Classic> shows which Camera Raw version it is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera RAW is embedded into Lightroom Classic. DOwnloading a new Camera RAW doesn't change what Lightroom Classic is using, which is the embedded version of Camera RAW that comes with your Lightroom Classic. The only way to get Lightroom Classic to use a new camera RAW is to download the new Lightroom Classic (and that hasn't been released as of today)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information. That is what Adobe told me on the phone. That is not clear though as the web page I referenced indicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige wrote:

Camera RAW has no effect on Lightroom Classic. I don't see where it was ever claimed that Camera RAW did have an effect on Lightroom Classic.

When in Lightroom Classic one asks to Edit in Photoshop, what renders that raw? I was under the impression that was done with ACR, not Lightroom Classic. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a little confusing, but Camera Raw is simply used as a transfer mechanism when using Lightroom. Camera Raw is used in the transfer process when sending the image to Photoshop. Right now, until the next Lightroom update, Lightroom doesn't have all the features that Camera Raw 13.2 has. But this will all eventually be taken care of when the Lightroom updates are eventually released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is all about what Camera Minimum version of RAW is required fir a specific camera. In the case of PS, the actual Camera RAW plugin, in the case of LR and LrC, the embedded Camera RAW, you will note that it list the LR and LrC version, not the Camera RAW embedded.

That link is not absolutely about just what the current Camera RAW plugin supports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess the big question here is how does one interpret this paragraph copied from the hyperlink I posted earlier.

"With Adobe Camera Raw, you can enhance raw images from many different cameras and import the images into various Adobe applications. Supported applications include Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, After Effects, and Bridge. The table below lists all cameras that the Camera Raw plug-in (versions 1.0 through 13.2) supports."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this might be a clarifier. "Additionally, Adobe Lightroom is built upon the same powerful raw image processing technology that powers Adobe Camera Raw." From https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear Lightroom Classic is a complete stand alone application and does not require any other Adobe application to be installed on your computer. It does have the ACR processing engine built-in to the application and it will be the version of ACR that was current at the time the application was installed or upgraded/updated.

Adobe Camera Raw is a plugin that requires Photoshop / Photoshop Elements as the host application. If there is no host ACR will not function.

If Photoshop is installed on your computer you can set up the edit in PS function, if you are sending a raw file and the ACR plugin is in sync with the LrC version of Camera Raw the edit info from Lightroom will be sent to Photoshop and it will boot if not already open and PS will utilize the ACR plugin to render the file with the LrC edits and the tiff / PSD will be opened. At this stage the file data is in memory and is only saved to disk when saved.

If the built-in ACR in LrC is a more recent than the Plugin in PS Lightroom immediately created and saved to disk then opens in PS for further editing.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The feature you are all reading about in Camera Raw is not yet available in Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. It's going to require these programs to be updated, and that update hasn't been released yet. I have played around with the feature in Camera Raw, and it works. But the super resolution DNG file won't import into Lightroom Classic 10.1.1. So it seems that there are some issues that need to be resolved before the next release of LrC and Lightroom can be released. There is no way you can force Camera Raw 13.2 to work with Lightroom. The plug-in does not directly impact the Lightroom program. It just doesn't. You just have to wait until Lightroom and Lightroom Classic are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines