• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not Recognizing Photo in Develop Module on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR I get a message File Could Not Be Found when I click on Develop Module.  Yet the photo is in the Library Module.   I'm using LR version 9.2.1 I'm on a MAC Catalina 10.15.4.

I checked the Security FileFolders under LR all the files are checked but there are only two files:  1- Removable Volumes 2- Documents Folder with NO Other Options to check.

Why does this always happen when there is an update?

Please help!!!

Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic. Are the images saved on an external drive? If yes, do you experience the same issue with the images located on the computers internal storage?

Please share a screenshot if the Folders sections of the Library module.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nukunj,

No I do not, I was able to import from hard drive to LR.     
What does that mean?   Will I have to re-import my images again?

thanks,

Patrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrice,

The new images you imported from the hard drive, do they appear under a seperate drive name under the Folders panel in the Library module? Have you tried the steps mentioned in the link David shared to check if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too, however we I go to Pictures/folder on my HD there are NO pictures in the folder.  This happened when Adobe remote was trying to fix the above problem.  Anyone know where my images might be.  I have tried the steps in David's link Unique consrn Failed.  Have been unable to work for a week now and this problem has taken over my life.  If anyone recognizes this problem I would appreciate comments.  Thanks you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience due to the missing images. Did you recently move any images from the location? Have you tried performing a system wide search for any of the images using the search in Finder?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not move any images.  A person named Karishma was working remotely on my computer trying to find my lrcat and all of a sudden all my photos in folders that were in Finder disappeared.  Now I cannot get to them from PS or on1 because it says they are not there.

Of course I have tried doing a system wide search.  This is day ten since I work up saying there were no photos in Lightroom classic.  I would like to get some work done.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this many times to no avail.  Here is a screenshot of a photo I traced today.  The images musst be in there somewhere as they are showing up in Library but when get to develop it is not there.  I am so confusedScreen Shot 2020-05-10 at 2.55.45 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is your Folders Panel not displaying? Some clues might be shown in the Folders Panel.

see: https://laurashoe.com/2013/10/01/when-panels-modules-tools-and-more-go-missing-in-lightroom/

Then return to: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm with an eye into the Folders panel.

Look to missing folders, correct that before attempting to correct missing images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you/. I corrected the folder panel but still cannot seem to get any of my images.  There is nothing in the folders. Says 0 kb no items.  I am going to bed.  Another day wasted but thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've just been working from my hard drive.  How do I close this thread?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue.  I've been going through from 2010 to present.  Everything prior to 2016 is showing up in the library, but when I click on the individual file, I  get no response at all from the app or "the file could not be found".   I backup/optimize the catalog almost every single time I use this app.  I noticed this a while back and am just now going through to see the extent of it.  I have found a folder in 2016 with this problem so far - still have more from that year to go through.  As you can see - the library files are there, but the photos do not show in the ribbon.  

daneaffr_0-1592784852501.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried everything and still no luck.  I wish I had never subscribed. If a technician can not solve the problem I will be furious. I had an order for cards the other day and could not find the images they wanted. I cannot get a tech in because of Covid 19.  We are both in the high risk group and have to be very careful.  I had to let the problem go and start anew for now.  It was upsetting my everyday life and the adobe techs that worked with me remotely have suddenly disappeared.  I get no answer from them. My folders show but there is nothing in them.  Thousands and thousands of images gone.

sorry I could not be of more help. I hope you have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines