Exit

Lightroom Classic not responding using Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to run Lightroom 10.1 

I am running Big Sur OS

it will open and once I start making adjustments to an image the entire computer freezes up. 
I do not get a crash report, the machine is totally disabled and my only choice is to do a hard reboot. 
I have tried 3 times and now reverted back to Lightroom 10.0

anyone else have this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many threads where users have reported similar problems with Macs Big Sur and LrC 10.1, if reverting to version 10.0 is working then it's best you wait until there is a further update.

You can also visit the feedback Photoshop family forum and add your to the reports there.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a continuous problem.  Was doing a webchat today with Sandeep and support, and he suggested going under User Preferences>Performance and disabling the "use the GPU" feature, and that did the trick.  LrC seems to be running fine now.  

He said the problem seems to be LrC really needs 4GB of RAM, and 2015 and 2017 iMacs with that 2GB Radeon GPU just are not up to the task.  I imagine edits will take longer not having to rely on the CPU to do all the cycles on graphic rendering, but it won't crash your iMac every time you try to use LrC.  

Been a loyal iMac user since 2009, but the inability to upgrade the GPU on an iMac is a real competitive disadvantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that info. It's also what I see on my system.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines