• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic on iPad Pro 2020?

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom Classic work on my New iPad Pro 2020? I want to tether my DSLRs when shooting portraits.

If it doesn't, does Lightroom work so I can edit my iPad photos?

Thanks,

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and in a web browser, but Lightroom (non-Classic) does not do tethering at this time. However, Lightroom is great at editing photos, and can edit raw photos. If you connect a camera or card reader to the iPad Pro, you can edit photos from a DSLR. Lightroom will upload them to Lightroom Photos in the cloud so that you can edit them in Lightroom on any of the platforms listed above, and so Lightroom Classic can download them. And because of the improvements in iOS 13, Lightroom on iPad works a lot better now with external storage connected to an iPad, such as importing from and exporting to external storage.

Lightroom Classic is the only Lightroom product that does DSLR tethering, but it runs only on Mac and Windows. If you create a Collection in Lightroom Classic and sync it to Lightroom Photos in the cloud, you can use the other Lightroom (non-Classic) to edit those photos on any platform it supports. That’s how you can use Lightroom on the iPad to edit photos from the Lightroom Classic catalog on your Mac or PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I still need some clarification. I understand that I cannot tether because Lightroom Classic is not compatible with my iPad Pro.

You did say though, that I could edit my photos once I get them onto the iPad. Did that mean that I CAN load the CC version onto my iPad?

Jim

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Essentially yes, because one thing I tried to convey is that the non-Classic version of Lightroom has (with very few exceptions) the same feature set on Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, and web. So if you take your iPad Pro and download the very popular Lightroom app for iPad, it’s going to look and work a lot like Lightroom (non-Classic, formerly known as Lightroom CC) on your desktop computer.

If you open this post on your iPad, the following link should take you straight to the Lightroom app in the App Store on your iPad:

Adobe Lightroom for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines