Highlighted

Lightroom Classic on Mac with Canon Pro-1000 Prints Blank Pages

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Canon Pro-1000, but am having problems with printing large prints (13 x 19+ or 17 x 22) directly from Lightroom.  I get blank pages or just partial pages.  

I have a new model MacPro running OS X 10.15.4 with 96 GB RAM.  I am using Lightroom Classic v9.2.  I have tried connecting through USB, through ethernet cable, and throgh WiFi, all to no avail.  Note that my previous Canon 9500 MKII had none of these problems. (I had to replace because the print head had finally become uncleanable, and I could not find a replacement.)

Here are the symptoms I am seeing, although I have tried so many things with inconsistent, but invariably non functioning results:

1. Prints on sizes up to 8.5 x 11, but when I try 13 x 19 (A3+) or 17 x 22 (ANSI C) it appears to be printing, with head going back and forth as one would expect, but page is completely blank.
  2. If I turn on Identity Plate, I end up with a large blank page with just the Identity Plate printed.
  3. Same exact file can be edited and printed from Photoshop perfectly well on all sizes.
  4. It does print to the larger sizes if I set the Printer Setup to use Airprint rather than Canon Pro-1000 series.  But I have fewer choices in the Print Dialogue, and the colors are completely inaccurate when I use the Airprint driver, whereas they are perfect and consistent when I use the Canon Pro
    1. -1000 series driver.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic on Mac with Canon Pro-1000 Prints Blank Pages

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Canon Pro-1000, but am having problems with printing large prints (13 x 19+ or 17 x 22) directly from Lightroom.  I get blank pages or just partial pages.  

I have a new model MacPro running OS X 10.15.4 with 96 GB RAM.  I am using Lightroom Classic v9.2.  I have tried connecting through USB, through ethernet cable, and throgh WiFi, all to no avail.  Note that my previous Canon 9500 MKII had none of these problems. (I had to replace because the print head had finally become uncleanable, and I could not find a replacement.)

Here are the symptoms I am seeing, although I have tried so many things with inconsistent, but invariably non functioning results:

1. Prints on sizes up to 8.5 x 11, but when I try 13 x 19 (A3+) or 17 x 22 (ANSI C) it appears to be printing, with head going back and forth as one would expect, but page is completely blank.
  2. If I turn on Identity Plate, I end up with a large blank page with just the Identity Plate printed.
  3. Same exact file can be edited and printed from Photoshop perfectly well on all sizes.
  4. It does print to the larger sizes if I set the Printer Setup to use Airprint rather than Canon Pro-1000 series.  But I have fewer choices in the Print Dialogue, and the colors are completely inaccurate when I use the Airprint driver, whereas they are perfect and consistent when I use the Canon Pro
    1. -1000 series driver.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?