• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic on my PC

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I edit my photo I upload them to the hard drive on my computer. I then loose my Medidata as far a the camera settings, camera, etc.... Can anyone let me know where I going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an insight into your Operating system and Lightroom version(s) details thanks?

Are you editing externally to Lightroom and then importing to Lightroom?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "uploading to your computer" in this context either .  .  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a desktop PC with windows 10. The Lightroom is Classic CC. After taking the photos I upload directly from my Camera to Lightroom. I edit the photos then transfer to my hard drive. I have all the boxes checked to save all camera settings, but it doesn't save them. Camera, iso, lens, etc.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the photos located when you edit them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take photos then upload them to Lightroom on my PC. After I edit them I transfer to my hard drive on my PC. Somewhere in the process I'm loosing the photo information. ie, what camer was used, the lens used, iso, etc. it worked before, but I'm loosing that info? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you state the name of the Lightroom step that causes the problem?

Please do some simple troubleshooting, and inspect the metadata after each step, and identify at which step the metadata becomes missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The metadata is lost when I transfer to my hard drive on my PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The metadata is lost when I transfer to my hard drive on my PC"

Which step in Lightroom is this? What is the Lightroom name for this step? There are many different steps that could be called "transfer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export. Export to Hard Drive. Metadata All. Then it's lost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines