• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom... (Classic performance issues)

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...is the slowest PoS in the world. It's so hard not to get pissed off while using it. No amount of computing power can prevent it from taking anywhere from 5s to 30s to respond to a click. Once it's been open for a while, forget it. Take a nap between clicks.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum and thread title renamed by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to respond or make any suggestions with the amount of information about you or your computer system. We need information such as:
Operating system being used
Exact version of Lightroom being used
Amount of RAM installed on computer
How much free disk space available on your computer
As much detail about your computer system as possible

Without such detailed information it's difficult/impossible to make suggestions about what could be the problem. If you could copy and post the first 10 lines or so of the system information dialog display, that would provide some valuable information as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm sorry; I'm not actually looking for help: I was just venting. I already know from years of experience there's nothing that can be done. My computer has resources to spare in every category but no amount of computing power can speed up LR (CaptureOne, by comparison, is blazingly fast on my machine). I was exaggerating a bit in my estimations tho. It's rare that anything takes as long as 30s. But most interactions do take 3-5s to complete. Sometimes as much as 10-15s for certain things. The longer LR is open the worse it gets. Restarting the computer helps a bit for a while but not much or for long. LR has a lot of nice features but it's a real exercise in patience using it. Especially with large images. Over about 50 megapixels and it slows to a crawl. 200+ and it absolutely chokes and dies. CaptureOne barely even slows down with images at these sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Jim or other members of the Lightroom community on the Classic Forum can chip in with some suggestions to improve performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

What LrC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After upgrading to LrC 10.1.1 and recalibrating the monitors with i1Profiler v3.3.0 the same issue of unresponsive interface happens. 
The only way of out is to force a reboot of the computer!

MacPro 2013 12 cores 64Gb! 
MacOS 10.14.6
AMD Radeon HD FirePRo D700 6Gb

What a misery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines