• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Permently Deleted My Photo

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a photo in Lightroom Classic, changed the profile, and Lightroom gave me the "this file cannot be found" error. I went to the source folder, and it wasn't there. I checked the recycle bin, it wasn't there either. I searched my entire computer and it's completely gone. I know a few weeks ago there was a story that the Lightroom app on phones would delete photos, but my understanding was that this was for the Lightroom CC app, not Lightroom classic on a computer.

It wasn't that important of a photo thankfully and I have the exported JPEG already, but I can't believe this happened. I've been using Lightroom for years and never had a single issue. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it a photo that was taken with your iPhone and imported into the Lr mobile app on your iPhone?

IIRC the problem was with an update to Lr mobile for iPhone where it would remove images and presets from the iPhone and the Lr Web/Cloud system and then IF you are using LrC on your computer and that image was downloaded in LrC it could get removed from LrC.

LrC does not Delete image by itself. There is always user interaction that has to take place. In the case above it was the user allowing the update to take place on their phone that started the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it was shot with a camera and imported through my SD card reader on my computer. Didn't touch the image with my phone or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what happened to your photo. I do know that Lightroom Classic does not delete photos by itself.

I point out that solid backup procedures make this accidental unknown deletion of photos less of a problem. I have a program makes backups of my new photos every night, and so I never delete the photos from my camera card until the next day, after a backup has been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines