• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Plugin Problems

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with my Nik and Luminar plugins in Lightroom Classic.  Whenever I try to open a photo and use a plugin, I get an error message saying the photo can't be opened.  Yet, I can open it from LR Classic into PS and apply Nik or Luminar from there.  When I open the Plugin manager in LR,  Nik and Luminar aren't there.  I suspect it may be a file location problem but I have tried reinstalling LR, Nik and Luminar 4 and it's still not working.

Anyone have a similar experience.  I can't get through to tech support for any of these programs because of Covid-19 so I'm hoping someone can help me out.  Thanks, Bud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup/My bad, I see you did try to reinstall the plug-ins amd apps. Should always read twice.

First up Lumnar. Fortuantly Luminar includes a menu option to install plug-ins. You might be prompted for Admin rights.

In Luminar, up in the menu, click on File, click on Install Plugins, Install those you need. (this from a Windows PC, MAC may be slightly different)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next up NIK, basically just reinstall NIK right on top of itself, the install script will invoke plugin install. You might want to double check you have the latest NIK update (if DxO) while you are at it.

Theoretically you could do this manually, but far easier to just re-run the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, an inquiry, are you running MACOS Catalina?

If so, possible application rights issues, easily fixed.

Typically, on the MAC, in the MACOS, not in Lightroom, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop have all boxes checked.

Also, if you place photos in the MACOS Photos folder, you may need to do similar for Photos

Bring up MACOS System PreferencesBring up MACOS System PreferencesSelect Security and PrivacySelect Security and PrivacySelect the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic make sure all boxes are checkedSelect the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic make sure all boxes are checkedWhile you are at it for PS as wellWhile you are at it for PS as wellMight ned to scroll up to Photos, similar issueMight ned to scroll up to Photos, similar issue

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you specifically set Lightroom in the install?  (See this old forum thread)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/nik-collection-and-lightroom-classic-cc/m-p/9479374...

Also-

NIK Plugins (except for Nik HDR Efex) must be added to the 'External Editors' in the Preferences dialog. If they install correctly they are accessible by the [Edit-In] command, and do not appear in Plugin Manager

Also they will install in the default Presets folders, so if you [Store Presets with the Catalog] you will need to copy the presets to the Catalog folders.

Check in [External Additional Editors] that you also have a compatible file-type set for each Nik program (JPG or TIFF).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines