Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic Point curve

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AA46CFE7-17EF-4E48-A2BB-858ED75627AE.png

since The 9.4 classic update i Cant Find the Old point curve. how Do I find That Check box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click in the red oulined area.

AA46CFE7-17EF-4E48-A2BB-858ED75627AE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the point curve i can only do is linear medium or strong contrast, it doesnt act the same as previous versions of the point curve. right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Lr 5.7.1

2020-08-29 20_09_07-Lightroom.png

From LrC 9.4

2020-08-29 20_11_43-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

The only difference is how you access the point curve. Lr 5.x.x you click the little square in the bottom right hand corner and in LrC 9.4 you click the white circle which puts a white dot in the center of the white, Now turned light grey, circle.

Looks the same to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just want to better understand when I use the bottom of the S-curve for example the rest of the curve moves not only that part how do I make it we're only one part of the curve moves as im editing like previous versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to post a screen shot of what you are describing. That ToneCurve dialog works exactly the same as it always has in both realms (parts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shidddd.jpgwhy does the line on the left stay straight & not curve? or it doesnt matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Because you moved the 0/0 corner post from the corner.

Don't move the corner post (unless you want to)- just click on the line to add another 'handle' point.

ScreenShot099.jpg

and maybe it does not matter- if that is the result you want 🙂

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-3.html#ui-improvements

and a tutorial (using the old UI )

https://digital-photography-school.com/make-color-adjustments-using-tone-curves-lightroom/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As above you move the bottom left corner post/point Up and to the right.

Maybe you need to look at some tutorials on using the Curves dialog box in both LrC and Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines