• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic, Preferences not clear - How do I add items to 'external editing'?

Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Topaz software DeNoise and Sharpen but want to add Gigapixel to the list so I can get to it easily from within Lightroom while editing with the menu 'edit in...' but frustration trying to add Gigapixel to the list of external editors as Lightroom seems to not want to let me add another external editor. Goin in circles with this and don't want to cause damage because I don't know how to do this. What are the steps to adding an external editor to the list I get when option clicking on an image from within Lightroom? 

TIA,

Ken

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

I have attached my notes on this topic in an attached  .docx document file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Lightroom preferences. Go to the External Editing tab. In the additional external editor area hit choose (ignore what the popup says) and choose the gigapixel app from the filebrowser that pops up. For file format select TIFF, color space ProPhotoRGB, 16 bits/component, 300 for resolution, and ZIP for compression. Then from the popup select "Save current settings as new preset" and give it a new name. Now you should have a new edit in menu for gigapixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, This worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached my notes on this topic in an attached  .docx document file. 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent and complete. Thank You, I'm up and running now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines