Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Presets not showing, and looking wonky

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

With the last couple of upgrades my presets do not show on occasion. I have been following some of the posts and here is what I have done.

1. Alt-Shift to reset preferences. This does work, but problem returns.

2. Uninstall and reinstall. Ditto.

3. In the preferences, "Show Partially Compatible Presets" is checked.

4. "Store presets with this catalog" is unchecked.

I am on a Windows 10 machine with 16 gb ram. I use Lightroom Classic only, and I subscribe to the Creative Cloud.

Attached is a screen capture from a few minutes ago. As you can see, the text is muddled after I scrolled. Often times there is nothing under the presets, just a blank.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely, GaryNotice where presets show.Notice where presets show.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Given that you've already tried resetting preferences, some more troubleshooting steps:

1. Disable the GPU by setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

2. Update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site rather than relying on Windows update:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a candidate for resetting the preference file. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleating the preference file and then letting Lightroom Classic to recreate it.

The preference file can get corrupted, resulting in odd behavior. Some people have a knee jerk reaction in thinking they need to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom Classic, maybe that could be called for, but it would be better to first reset the preference file.

Be aware that resetting the preference file will result in Lightroom Classic creating a new catalog instead if opening your previously opened catalog (normally) so make sure you know where your catalog is. 

Be aware the resetting the preference file will revert some settings in Preferences to defaults. So be aware of what you have changed, so that you can put those back the way you want them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that you've already tried resetting preferences, some more troubleshooting steps:

1. Disable the GPU by setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

2. Update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site rather than relying on Windows update:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, johnrellis,

I updated my video card driver, and for the last four days I have had no problems with my presets not showing up.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines