• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Problem- After Re-opening a previous catalog, all of my edits are missing

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with my lightroom catalog- upon opening a previously edited catalog back up, ALL of my edits are gone. The images are back to their original state, untouched.

I selected the preview images that I edited by starring them. The odd part is that the stars still populate on my previously edited images, but none of the editing itself was saved. It does not show up in the left toolbar under 'history' in the develop tab either. They just went poof and all my work is gone. I am working off of the same hard drive, the files nor lightroom catalog have been moved.

I have also edited other catalogs in the meantime without this issue taking place. No edits were made to my lightroom or computer preferences.

I have already been on chat support with Adobe, and since the problem cannot be replicated currently, they told me everything is fully functional and there is nothing to worry about. That said, I have used Lightroom for years and never encountered an issue like this. It is very concerning to not know the cause and frustrating I am supposed to just trust it won't happen again.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Lightroom Version: Lightroom Classic 10.2

Computer info: iMac 5k, late 2015 version

Software: macOS Big Sur 11.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That backup, is that via LrC? 

If so, how did you open it? Uncompressed first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! All work is done in LrC for me.

I had the main catalog backed up in its original location on an external hard drive. The second catalog I 'exported as catalog' with smart previews. Upon coming back to open both of those catalogs, all editing data was missing but starred images were still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but starred images were still present.

Images, or previews of images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of your Library Module, grid view, with Folders Panel visible, may be helpful. In that Folders Panel, expand it as to show Parent Folder(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the original images were still showing up in the catalog, folders panel, and located in the same folder. It wasn't an issue of image relocation/not being found. 

It is the strangest thing, all of the editing work that had been done to the images was gone- there was no evidence of previous edits within the history panel of any of the images either. That's why it is so odd that those selected images (I had previously edited, this was only about 10% of the full catalog of images) still had their star rating I had assigned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines