• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Quick Collection folder accidentally deleted

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some how I deleted my quick collection folder instead of the images in it.  I know how to create a new collection, but how do I create a new quick collection folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quick collection doesn't have an option to delete it. It is listed right beneath the Catalog option in the library module. It is not in the collection section. It should be there.

Annotation 2020-07-23 105655.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you add a photo to the quick collection anyway, even though you don't see it? Does the quick collection appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can hit B to add it to a quick collection or Command B to view my quick collection, but I don't see the option to view the quick collection in the collections panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's because it isn't in the collections panel. You have to look under the catalog panel. The quick collection is an entity called the catalog. That is why it shows in the catalog panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no quick collection 'folder'. It's a collection. And you can add or delete images from said collection (without actually deleting the images). The images themselves can be from many differing locations/folders. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Normally, you should see the Quick Collection in the Catalog panel in the left-hand column of Library:

johnrellis_0-1595530718924.png

If you don't see the column at all, or if you don't see the Catalog panel, do the menu command Window > Panels > Catalog:

johnrellis_1-1595530810902.png

If you still don't see the Quick Collection, please post a screenshot:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/help/createscreenshot/

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't it also show up in my collections panel? It used to be under smart collections I think.   Right now, I can add a photo to a quick collection, but to view the quick collection, I have to hit Command + B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't show in the collections list. It shows in the catalog section.

Annotation 2020-08-05 095117.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines