Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic ridiuclously slow sync-settings

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read that others have been having issues with slow Syncing settings for some time now (using the Sync tool in the Develop tab) but it doesn't look like it has been addressed with any real solution.

I'm using the most current version of 8.1 and it currently takes 9 minutes and 36 Seconds to sync 550 photos on my workstaition.

If I use version 7.1 of LR Classic I can sync the settings to the exact same photos and it takes 24 seconds in total.

There's something wrong with the newest version of LR Classic to say the least (for at least the last 3 updates). This really needs to be addressed.

My current build;

Windows 10 Pro

Xeon Gold 5120 28-core @ 2.8GHz

192GB DDR4 3000

Quadro P5000

2TB M.2 Samsung 970 Pro

Any way (other than reverting to older versions) to fix this would be amazing.

And yes, I've optimized my catalogs and started new, fresh ones, it doesn't change the slow syncing times.

Thanks,

Drew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I'm using the most current version of 8.1 and it currently takes 9 minutes and 36 Seconds to sync 550 photos on my workstaition.

The latest version is 8.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct --- the point is it's still slow in 8.1 and 8.2. Thanks for that clarification though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on LR 8.4 MacOS and it is STUPID slow for Syncing. Been doing this for (literally) years and it's only fairly recently this has happened. What is happening Adobe!!?? It's obvious there is a problem and nobody seems to care at Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines