Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic running at 700% + CPU on a new macBook Pro

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

After importing files from a fuji GFX 100 (100MP RAW files) my LR Classic is running at +700% CPU on a brand new year 16'' MacBook Pro.

more info:

the setting to create previews when idle is turned off

it happens even if the image that is being edited is not from the GFX camera but a smaller image

any ideas?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is utilizing 700% of CPU usage while editing images from Fuji GFX 100.

Does the problem only occurs while using the raw files from this specific camera? Have you tried editing a JPEG instead?

Also, please optimize the app performance as mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be clear. this is happening after the import has finished and even when not editing.

I tried working on other images (smaller RAWs or JPEGS from other cameras) and the results are the same. the CPU stays at 700+

is there a background process to create previews? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heavy CPU use when importing a lot of 100MP raw files seems normal to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for answering...

this happens after the import has completed (its the first import from this camera). is there a background process that i am not aware of that runs after the import is complete?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines