• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic shows card reader as a hard drive

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a CFexpress Card Reader, Rocketek Type B USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps CFexpress Reader, Portable Aluminum CFexpress Memory Card Adapter, but in Lightroom Classic in the inport dialog it shows up as a hard drive and not a device as my Compact Flash reader does.  Is there a way to fix that?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the OS and the Card reader/memory card that is making that happen.

How does it appear in the OS File Manager Program?

This really does not matter except that you have to make sure you select Copy in the import dialog window and not Add so LrC will Copy the images from the card to a folder on one of your Real Drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how it shows up in the OS.

cfexpress.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's the nature of the reader, and Lightroom is merely taking cues from the OS. You're not the first person to see this and the Lightroom team were made aware. If the drivers are the reason why Lightroom sees it so, I'm not sure how much can be done without a rewrite of the import stages. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just got into trouble with this.  I switched over to CF express and I thought I had imported photos only to find out that it added them in place. I am using the preview images to have something to deliver.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines