• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Slideshow crashing - Windows 10

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10 and although I have been using Lightroom since it came out I have never tried the Slideshow option. Today I tried to make a simple slideshow using just four images.

All was going well and the slideshow played okay. However as soon as I added an MP3 that was already on my hard disk (and plays) Lightroom crashed. It would not restart until I deleted the Lightroom catalog lock file. I repeated this and it crashed again.

I then removed the MP3 and exported the video as 720P and it played. The slideshow had been made with the quality setting at Highest but the video image quality was poor. I repeated the export using 1024 but the quality was still poor.

Such a shame that I will not be able to use this facility.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Lightroom crashing, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're using?

Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Also, please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

My LR is always up to date.  I use a Nvidea Gforce 1060 graphics card that is qualified for use with LR.  I see no need to disable the Use Graphics Processor.  Instead of continuing with LR slideshow I have done what many others have done and bought  dedicated slide show software which works perfectly. Very sad that Adobe has failed for years to fix problems with this slide show option.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me which slide show software that you found works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,
https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/
Ian

Sent from my Galaxy NotePro 12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I've tried many things to keep LR from crashing during slideshows, but nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having continuous crashes when exporting certain slideshows. At one point i started eliminating slides until it worked BUT I can't fiqure out what's causing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I previousy reported this and my solution:

https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines