• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic SLOW on High-End PC

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this is a common issue, but I am trying to see if there are any suggestions to fix it. I am using Adobe Creative Cloud and Lightroom Classic CC. The program runs pretty slow especially while using the healing brush, radial filter or other adjustment brushes. My PC Specs:

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 1700

16gb TridentZ RGB RAM 3200mhz

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME m.2 drive

Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti

Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

Currently I have everything stock and not OC.

I have GPU acceleration on in Lightroom. Photoshop and ACR mostly run great in comparison.

This is driving me insane so looking for any suggestions.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will for sure and report back. I also have the ryzen 9 3900x coming in tomorrow so i'll see if that has any effect at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the card reader is interesting, I have a dedicated full suite  fast card reader built into the system, and every time I install Lightroom the compact flash still works but SD slots stop working, and lightoom runs like a dog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've previously posted similar frustration with the slowness of the software. Now I've upgraded my PC to 6-core Ryzen, 64GB RAM, Geforce 1070, 512GB .m2 drive on a PCIE4 enabled motherboard.

Youd think throwing all this new hardware at Lightroom Classic would make a difference, but no.. This god awful abandonware crap is still running slow as freck.

It's time to abandon this workflow and save myself from continous frustration caused by this crap from Adobe.

Recently purchased Luminar 3 and also the free alternative RawTherapee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20 Years of using this software, I have seen it develop, I have seen it grow into the most comprehensive editing package out there

But most importantly I have seen an ever decreasing performance due to utter arrogance and complacency.

I cannot believe someone who represents Adobe actually said reduce the res, I cannot believe people are saying use a smaller monitor, for editing!!!!!!!!!!

how exactly do you see the detail on a 160mb raw file shot at 50mp on a low res monitor?????

This is a Pro package not free with someone's breakfast cereal

Hex core i7 clocked to 3800hz, 32 gig DDR 4, 500MB M2 SSD, 8gig Nvidia 1070 gtx GPU, win10 64, cache set to 100gig on a 32" or the old 24" 1440x2780 or 1024 x 1980, it makes no difference, it runs like an absolute dog, locking up, not responding again and again and again no matter what I alter, 

Nothing and I mean nothing else struggles on my system, from the latest Auto CAD rendering full Architectural plans in less than 80 secs to 4k games running at 144hrz over 100fps live, Luminar had no issue, Arura no issues DXO no issue

I have had enough of Adobe's attitude, unplug everything, change everything, Why? to get one appallingly written piece of software to work half decently because they can't be bothered to sort it out

Nah sorry, remove app, cancel CC account and install one of many other options these days, Luminar, Aurora, the list goes on. I didn't want to do that because it means completely re-learning the software, but the performance is a joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, absolutely the same feelings..... I'm photographer and 3D animator; PC: 18 core Xeon, 64GB, 1070, m2, SSDs...

LR stutters, it's "not responding" at loading immages, slow to the point of making me bite my fingers - starting to hate it really, really bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Capture One Pro after my post above here and I must say it's great to work in, it's quick and you also dont have to go over to Photoshop for any extra little thing due to layers etc. But the workflow I have in Lightroom is great, and I love the library in it, so it's very hard to do that switch-over.

I know Adobe was the big arrogant company that suddenly shifted everything over to subscriptions, taking a BIG hit in the communities doing so, but it's shares have since skyrocketed and as long as people keep buying, they won't do any major overhauls on even one of their flagships. Unfortunately many are in the same boat as me, having spent years and years in Lightroom and learning how to maximize the time there - even with the bad performance - and the change to something else is quite troublesome.

It will happen one day soon though, unless something happens. Oh, and Adobe apparently think it's more necessary to use clean language on forum, than to fix software ...

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ridiculous that LR has still not been rewritten after all these years to work on modern systems. I'm about to call my clients to convince them to switch to CaptureOne  with me because I can no longer go on losing money on jobs due to the slowness and lag inherant in Adobe's offering.

The last 2 updates have killed performance so badly that LR is no longer useable.

Ryzen 7 2700X PBO

32GB 3200 Ram

1TB 970 EVO M.2 Work Drive

Red Devil 5700XT 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines