Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac-Retina 5K, 27 in, Late 2015

3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB

Lightroom Classic 10.0 Release Camera Raw 13.00

Build [202010011851-ef6045e0]

Things are running slow.  Loading of pictures and edits.  If I increase the RAM, will that help?  Or is it time for a new iMac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific and detailed about what exactly is slow?

Adding RAM rarely solves Lightroom Classic speed problems, as RAM is almost never the bottleneck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edits are slower than they used to be.  In the past the action on the screen has been almost instantaneous to the movement of the mouse.  Now it seems delayed much more than it used to be.  After an edit when I switch back to the Library Module from the Develope Module, it takes upwards to 15 seconds for the picture to come into focus.  The whole program seems like it lags now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Edits are slower than they used to be. In the past the action on the screen has been almost instantaneous to the movement of the mouse. Now it seems delayed much more than it used to be."

Are you talking about using the Adjustment Brush tool? Or other tools? Please be specific and detailed. You said in the past it used to be better, did it change in one major leap, or gradually over time; and how long ago was it better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Version 9.4 was really running good. Thought they got all the kinks out finally and switched to v10.0 during Adobe MAX. Just switching to albums and scrolling through images takes forever. The delete previews file isn't even working now. This thing is a dog.

I'm running 
Mac Pro (OS 10.14.6)
3.5 GHz 6 core Xeon E5
128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread on the Adobe feedback forum. An issue for some MACs has been acknowledged.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines