• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic slowest import EVER on macOS

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Can anyone explain why after I updated my LR to the 10 the import is taking way too long! I’m only trying to add 100 and nothing is happening! I cull in photo mechanic and drag and drop my images over for import. I use the "add". Is that the problem? 
I keep my digitals and catalog on my external hard drive as well. I've never had a problem with importing speeds until I got the new iMac and Adobe updated me to the 10 version of LR 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you using on the iMac? Do you experience similar behavior while importing images located locally on the computer? If you haven't tried that, please move a few images to a folder on the desktop & try a test import to check how that goes. Also, please ensure you have the latest version of Lightroom Classic (10.1.1) installed on the machine.

If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how things go!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that totally helped thank you!! 

can you possibly help to why the plug in manager in LR won't work for pass plus? 

9F1496B5-21EF-423F-8077-83AAAA06F6D3.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're glad that the steps helped with the initial issue. Since you're using a Gmail account, you may need to create an app specific password & authenticate your Gmail ID in Lightroom Classic using that. You can check: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines