• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic / SmugMug Plugin stuck on "Syncing Hierarchy and Media"

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several old catalogs that I just updated to Lightroom 9. They are all synced to my SmugMug account using the SmugMug plugin.

I have been trying to sync the folders and and photos using the Edit feature but every time I do this it quickly updates the heirarchy listed under the SmugMug side menu (successfully matching what I have on my SM site) but then stalls and hangs up forever in this "Syncing Heirarchy and Media" status. I left my computer running overnight last night for 10 hours and it still didn't complete. I tried this on 6 other catalogs and it did the same thing, though I interrupted the process to close the catalog after about an hour. 

Is there a reason why this process isn't completing? And is there a problem with closing the catalog and interrupting this process? I haven't noticed an issue yet, but I'm not sure.

I'm using a Windows 10 PC.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you did in the Smugmug Publishing panel, select Publish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that option anywhere - is this the same panel I shared the screenshot of above?

But all the photos have already published (some several years ago) and are already visible on my SmugMug site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, my bad, spoke too soon. Relooking at tour attached screenshot. I see your issue. You have not setup the Smugmug Publishing service. And you have not added photos to it for publishing.

Once you complete setting the service up, you drag photos you want to publish to Smugmug into it, then they will show up in a grid view. Those to be published at top, those published (when you do) at bottom (might have that backwards)

Will try to return with an online instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. to improve postings, in the menu bar (when posting) see the icon third from right that looks like a landscape photo, mountain and sun, use that to add a picture. Picture winds up right along with text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long winded instruction: https://help.smugmug.com/upload-from-lightroom-HkEIllw1Erz#publish

Some of this you have already done as you have the plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm having the same issue.  Mine has been running for 36 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines