• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic SQLite database glitch

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Either my Mac system or Lightroom decided that my extrernal drives had different names (added '1 to name) and 90,000 of my pics needed to be redirected.

I backed up then downloaded the relevant table from SQLite and corrected the filepaths in BBedit. I then emptied the table from the database and re-inserted my corrected lines of SQL.

My 90,000 pictures now appear correctly in LRclassic BUT....

when I import new pictures they are not converted to DNG and do not appear in the Latest Import folder. They appear in the main library but do not respond to putting them into collections UNTIL...

I quit LRclassic, re-start it and everything appears where it should be (in latest import folder) and behaves correctly but has to be manually converted to DNG.

Does anyone have any thoughts about getting it all back to normal?

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, a sudden '1' added to the name of a disk is a MacOS problem. It should have been better to sort that out rather than redirect the Lightroom catalog paths. Secondly, there is no need messing around in the database tables. Lightroom has a built-in 'Find Missing Folder' feature that you can use to redirect the top folder and all subfolders in one go. I would try to solve the disk problem and then restore the catalog from a backup.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankk you for your helpful response. Unfortunately, I cannot go back in time to follow your advice. I had several thousand images in the correctly-named drives and several thousand more in the incorrectly-name ones. The backups I had were similarly mis-named.

Having corrected the database, there is now the glitch I outlined and everything else is working fine. If anyone has a solution to the missing 'Previous Import' images (until re-start of LRclassic), I would be interested to hear...

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines