Highlighted

Lightroom Classic stopped syncing

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic says it is syncing in the upper left corner, but no syncing is occurring.  This shows persistently, and when I exit Lightroom, it warns me that photos are syncing, but no syncing is occurring.  I am able to sync using the new lightroom mobile from my desktop, but unless I import my catalog into mobile (which I do not want to do), I've got no way to sync photos from Lightroom Classic to the mobile app.  Is this part of the "improvement" recently implemented by splitting Lightroom into classic and mobile? 

Additionally, i am unable to find a place to contact customer support, even when I am signed in.  You would think $10 per month would buy actual support.  The website just has endless loops back to forums with no place to get support, even though I am signed in.

I am a Mac user. Thanks in advance for any support the members can provide.  I appreciate the help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

Open the LR Preferences and go to the Lightroom Sync tab and in the Sync activity you should see a list of images that are being uploaded, downloaded or pending.

LR can only sync while it is open, running.

Also go the Lightroom on the web. https://lightroom.adobe.com

Sign in and check what is being shown.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic stopped syncing

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic says it is syncing in the upper left corner, but no syncing is occurring.  This shows persistently, and when I exit Lightroom, it warns me that photos are syncing, but no syncing is occurring.  I am able to sync using the new lightroom mobile from my desktop, but unless I import my catalog into mobile (which I do not want to do), I've got no way to sync photos from Lightroom Classic to the mobile app.  Is this part of the "improvement" recently implemented by splitting Lightroom into classic and mobile? 

Additionally, i am unable to find a place to contact customer support, even when I am signed in.  You would think $10 per month would buy actual support.  The website just has endless loops back to forums with no place to get support, even though I am signed in.

I am a Mac user. Thanks in advance for any support the members can provide.  I appreciate the help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

Open the LR Preferences and go to the Lightroom Sync tab and in the Sync activity you should see a list of images that are being uploaded, downloaded or pending.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same, or similar, problems.  I am running Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 Release on Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have sync enabled, and in the upper left corner when I click on the arrow it says
Sync with Lightroom CC          Syncing 16 photos

1.45 GB of 20GB Used

That same message has been there for over 48 hrs.  At one point, it was stuck for several hours at Syncing 41 photos.  At another time, it was actually keeping up syncing with whatever I was doing (mostly Remove from Collection, which, understandably, is pretty quick).  I wouldn't mind if it got stuck once in awhile, such as when there are network connectivity problems, but I need a way to get it started again. I've tried logging out and back in again, shutdown and restart Lightroom, pause and restart syncing, but none of these has helped.

One other symptom:  when there is a network disruption, instead of Syncing 16 photos it says waiting for connection.  When the network connection is reestablished, the message does not change right away, or for quite some time, unless I deliberately pause and then resume syncing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation. The whole syncing process has frozen.

My only need for synced photos is for LR photos to be automatically downloaded from my iPhone to my LR Classic folder. This worked well until I downgraded to the the Photography plan and I was over my cloud allocation, so new photos would not sync.

I stopped syncing, transferred the existing downloaded images (6 years+ of phone photos) from the LR classic synced folder to an unsynced folder. I then deleted those photos from the cloud by using the LR CC app. As a result, I am now only using 4GB of data of my 20GB allocation.

Great! So, I now I resynced to cloud which worked fine for the web app with all the new photos re-populating the app, but the photos are not syncing to my previously nominated LR Classic synced folder.

For the whole time I have been doing this, LR Classic had been displaying "Syncing 4,267 photos" at top left. In prefs it shows "Sync Activity (0 Uploading, 415 Downloading, 4,267 Pending) and then a long list of the files in question.

But nothing. For 2 days not a single file has repopulated the LR Classic folder.

I'm loathe to dabble in this cross platform, cross app, cross device ecosystem as a small mistake can eradicate everything.

How can I reset the syncing process? Do I need to "Delete All Synced Data" and risk losing everything that hasn't been synced or will they still be on my phone?

My system:

Mac OSX 10.13.3 on 15" 2017 MBP, LRCC and LR Classic all up to date. Internet connection by 200Mbs fibre operating correctly.

My experience:

Long time LR professional photographer user. 800,000+ images over 4catalogues. Highly skilled at LR and image-work workflow, and I do all my own IT without needing much expert support.

Adrian Malloch

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These replies are not very helpful.  There are a bunch of people on these forums looking for help with what is obviously a common problem in sycing between different versions of LR.  

Can you point me/us to a resource where we can get help for when things do go according to the boilerplate support approach?  Smart people here on the forurm and we all figured out where to see sync status and know the app has to be open. (really?  has to be running?, sorry).

My issue is my LR classic stopped syncing after I removed some images that for whatever reason didnt like the process.  Removed them and now it says syncing but it is absolutely not as evidenced by images that are in LR classic not showing up in LR CC.  

Help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start youre own conversion.

This one is 2+ years old.

LR Cloud and LR Classic were Never meant to be used on the same computer and certainly not to sync images from one to the other. Even with the LR Web system inbetween them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well ive only used Classic (and before since LR3) and I have the same issue. going to the cloud didnt provide me a solution. do you have one? thanks! Barry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start your own conversation and give as much detailks as possible.

This original thread was started 2+ years ago.

Someone, even me, might have a solution to your problem IF we knew exactly what that problem is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.  Just trying to keep it all together I guess, even though it's older.  Normally the first thing when creating a new thread is to get asked "did you check other threads?".  lol.

Honestly I will probably just start the sync and migration over.  I did go through a migration process with an Adobe tech back in October.

The issue isnt that I want to use both versions, i simply want to ensure they are both equal before removing Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0