• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic stops responding when exporting multiple images 100+

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi when I export more than 100 pic with a resolostion more than 3000k the lightroom not responding

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom stops responding while exporting more than images 100 images of resolution more than 3000k. 

It seems that Lightroom is falling short of available memory on your computer. Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using? Would you mind sharing the text from Help> System info menu in Lightroom? 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same problem.

LR Classic stops being responsive and becomes extremely slow when expeorting even just 10 images.

I have LR Classic 9.1, Camera Raw 12.1

MacBookPro (16-inch, 2019) 2.4 GHz 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD and AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB 

Running macOS Catalina 10.15.3

I am photographer shooting tethered and export 46 Megapixels images to TIFF 8bit 300ppi in Adobe RGB

I often need to export small battches of images during a photo session and everytime I do so, LR becomes extremely slow and choppy unilt the operation is completed. To export only 10 images to my SSD takes as long as 35 seconds during which LR is almost completely unresponsive.

I only have 1,500 images in my catalog. Catalog is optimized. Use Graphic Processor is enabled and set to Cutsom to Full Graphic Accelleration.

What could the problem be?

Thank you,

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francesco, with all due respect, you do NOT have the same problem. You are exporting at 300PPI which is different than the original problem statement in this thread. Please create a new thread with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sory about that. I just created a new thread with my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sory about that. I just created a new thread with my problem.

And I posted an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what resolution 3000k means, but it is possible you have overloaded the computer and Lightroom stops.

What does resolution 3000k mean? If it really means a reolution of 3000k which is 3000000 (or 3 million) pixels per inch ... then that's probably the problem, that would be a photo beyond HUGE and a single photo export would take a HUGE amount of time. There is no reasonable use for such a HUGE resolution. What happens if you try something more reasonable like a resolution of 300 pixels per inch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ Omar84

Quote:

hi when I export more than 100 pic with a resolostion more than 3000k the lightroom not responding

End Quote:

What exactly do you mean by "With a resolution more than 3000K"?

3000K where in the export dialog Resolution setting as shown below in a screen shot or something else? Like 3000 Pixels on the long edge of the image (3000 x 2000 pixels a 3/2 ratio sensor and a 6 MP image size)?

2020-02-04 10_39_30-Export One File.png

Or are you writing about a 3000K File Size? A 3MB (that is Mega Byte) file?

Not sure what you are writing about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines