• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Stuck on Sync?

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had LR Classic successfully synced up with LR mobile (iPad & pixel 2xl) and LR CC (web) for some large collections (33k photos i've been browsing and flagging/editting) for awhile now, but something has now gone awry. I was trying to test the functionality of uploading straight from my camera to my iPad and then syncing back to my desktop (travel workflow), and then deleting the local copies from the iPad.

At some point, I got the message:

"This appears to be a duplicate or automatically created backup of your catalog. As it may not be current, sync has been disabled for this catalog.

To make this your sync catalog please relaunch Lightroom and enable sync."

This error was not allowing lightroom to start, it would pop up and then crash every time.

I saw from some other posts this may be solved via removing the sync.lrdata files. I did this and it did rebuild the sync data and was able to launch lightroom again, but then the photos seemed to get stuck on syncing.

On LR Classic, it shows either 2, 9, 8, or 6 photos syncing and the number seems to keep bouncing back and forth between those numbers, spending most of it's time on 2. When I open up preferences and go to the sync tab, 90% of the time it does not show anything in the log down at the bottom as syncing, sometimes it shows 2, sometimes 9, 8, or 6. This has been going on for a few hours now and I have both deleted the sync.lrdata folder contents and forced rebuilding the sync via lightroom itself. When the log in preferences DOES show what files are causing the lockup, it appears to be a handful of files that had previously been successfully synced for weeks that are the problem. This leads me to believe it doesn't have anything to do with the files I was playing around with earlier.

Any thoughts on resolving this? the mobile sync has become a pretty important part of my workflow to keep it moving now, but the fixes I have seen on the boards here so far have not made a dent.

Update: Removed a couple recent photos from a recent collection, it is now down to 1 photo stuck on sync but it is NOT showing in the preference sync tab so I cannot tell what it is. Any thoughts?

Update 2: It has now reverted to syncing 5 photos, then 1 photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?