Lightroom Classic Sync Problems

Feb 17, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I'm have been having issues with my Desktop Lightroom Classic (Mac) and Lightroom Mobile Sync (IOS). I had an image stuck in sync for a few days and it wouldn't go away. I had imported new photos into my Desktop Lightroom and they wouldn't show on my Mobile after multiple trys.

I confirmed both versions were up to date; 9.2 for Desktop Lightroom Classic [Raw is not up to date, not sure if this would cause an issue as uploaded photos were shot in RAW], 5.2.0 for Lightroom Mobile.

I checked under Prefrences>Lightroom Sync, Sync Activity and it was showing at '(0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending)'

After looking at  few forums I completed 'Rebuild Sync Data.' As of a few hours ago I had 2,619 Syncing Photos, and I still have 2,619 - no progress made. My total library is north of 12,000, but wouldn't think that would slow things down too much.

I should also mention that under Prefrences>Lightroom Sync, Sync activity is still showing at '(0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending)'

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be missing or steps to take?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic Sync Problems

Feb 17, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I'm have been having issues with my Desktop Lightroom Classic (Mac) and Lightroom Mobile Sync (IOS). I had an image stuck in sync for a few days and it wouldn't go away. I had imported new photos into my Desktop Lightroom and they wouldn't show on my Mobile after multiple trys.

I confirmed both versions were up to date; 9.2 for Desktop Lightroom Classic [Raw is not up to date, not sure if this would cause an issue as uploaded photos were shot in RAW], 5.2.0 for Lightroom Mobile.

I checked under Prefrences>Lightroom Sync, Sync Activity and it was showing at '(0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending)'

After looking at  few forums I completed 'Rebuild Sync Data.' As of a few hours ago I had 2,619 Syncing Photos, and I still have 2,619 - no progress made. My total library is north of 12,000, but wouldn't think that would slow things down too much.

I should also mention that under Prefrences>Lightroom Sync, Sync activity is still showing at '(0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending)'

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be missing or steps to take?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Ashley: In your first issue above you mention Sync issues on one particular image; sometimes it has been reported here that a 'faulty' or corrupted or even missing image can stop the Sync.

Can you find and remove that one image from the process and retry?

Also are you Syncing from an external storage drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation.

I have tried several solutions below but have failed.

1. Delete all cache files (rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom)

2. Delete sync file (rm "Lightroom Catalog Sync.lrdata")

3. Delete preference file (rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist)

Tony_see: Do you know how to find a 'faulty' file?

I also feel that there is a problem with a some file. However, I have no idea which file is the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Tony_See LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am posting a process to Sync to a new Catalog.

This may offer you an option, but will not suit all scenarios I suppose.

Please read this before actioning but it might help:

1. Launch Lightroom Classic.
2. Chose New Catalog from File menu. Give it name that stands out.
Lightroom will relaunch into this new catalog
3. When new catalog reopens go to the Sync control at top left of the Lightroom UI
4. The text alongside 'Sync with Lightroom' will be 'Start' (screenshot 1 below). Press 'Start'
5. A warning dialog will appear. This warning indicates that you already have a catalog synced with the cloud (in your case the one you don't want to be synced).
6. Click on the button 'Yes, sync with this catalog instead' (screenshot 2 below)
7. Lightroom will take a few moments to begin syncing to your new (temporary) catalog
8. Pause the sync as per your original screenshot, then select your original catalog from File > Open Recent > Name of your working catalog
9. Find the new temporary catalog you created in step 2 above and trash it.
Screenshot 1
S1.png

Screenshot 2

S2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines