Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync problems

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just reinstalled Lightroom Classic on my PC after having let my subscription lapse for seveal months. It appeared to created new catalogue and this worked okay. However I am getting an error message when it tries to sync to the cloud. I am assume that the cloud and mobile app is still tied to my old duplicate catalogue. I would apprecaite any advice on how to resolve this.

Thanks

David

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

You need to find the proper catalog file that was being used when you were syncing Lightroom Classic to the cloud. Use File->Open Recent and try each catalog shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use one catalog, the old one.

Combine the new catalog into the old catalog. Open the old catalog file, then File->Import from Another Catalog and select the new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. When I try and open what I think was my old cateolgue it says it needs to upgrade the catalogue and create a new catalogue. This seems to be just repeating what has already happened, I have obviously messed up at some stage. Would deleting the sync files help, do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old catalog needs to be upgraded. So you should allow the old catalog to be upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message I get

Daviddps-ExFhoJ_0-1593294492643.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find the proper catalog file that was being used when you were syncing Lightroom Classic to the cloud. Use File->Open Recent and try each catalog shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked. I had to upgrade my old catalogue which I thought was odd because it was a Classic catalogue from August last year. I then imported from the more recent catalogue which worked smoothly.

Again thanks for your help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines