• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync settings failing

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing timelapses and have to sync settings across multiple photos. Lightroom is able to sync owingor copy/paste settings between pictures but fails after a while. Pictures then start showing an error saying

"You wont be able to edit this picture"

Not sure why this happens intermittently.

Version: 10.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to manually edit these pictures afterwards?

When you say "fails after a while", do you mean always after i.e. 50 pastings or ...

Does it stop pasting with the error you mentioned?

What type of files are you working with (source, format ..)

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to manually edit these files afterward. All RAW images. Working in batches of 500, ~100mb images.

Pasting stops after some pastes.

The series is 

edit image 1 > copy and paste to image 2 > edit more on image 2 > copy and paste to 3 ... and it stops after a few images as I add more selective edits. 

I see the "processing" spinner rotating on the bottom right but nothing happens and an explanation mark appears on the top right after a while in the footer. Image preview won't load. 
It seemed like lightroom lost the link to the file so I removed the images and synchronized the folder. 
Though this only works sometimes, not sure what the issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You wont be able to edit this picture"

Can you do a screenshot so we can see the exact wording?

"It seemed like lightroom lost the link to the file " "MacOS Big Sur"

If the images are not on your internal hard drive, where are they? And can you try moving them there and seeing if you get the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines