Highlighted

Lightroom Classic Sync Stuck & Rebuild Sync Data

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago this started to hapening. Whenever I import new images, it starts syncing and gets stuck on some random number. No matter how much I wait, it never gets any further. Then I go to Preferences > Lightroom Syn > (hold the Option key) Rebuilt Sync Data. It resync the whole catalogue within minutes and finish the sync. So, the problem fixed, no big deal. But the problem is I have to do this every time I import new photos, which is not how it should be, so I'd like to fix this.

Any ideas what it should be? I can always try creating a new catalogue, and see if that'll solve the problem, but I'd like to try to fix one first instead, as I have custom presets and templates for print, naming, import export etc, and I'll have to move them all manually in the new catalogue, plus wait who knows how much to resync, and I see another whole time wasted if I go this way.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic Sync Stuck & Rebuild Sync Data

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago this started to hapening. Whenever I import new images, it starts syncing and gets stuck on some random number. No matter how much I wait, it never gets any further. Then I go to Preferences > Lightroom Syn > (hold the Option key) Rebuilt Sync Data. It resync the whole catalogue within minutes and finish the sync. So, the problem fixed, no big deal. But the problem is I have to do this every time I import new photos, which is not how it should be, so I'd like to fix this.

Any ideas what it should be? I can always try creating a new catalogue, and see if that'll solve the problem, but I'd like to try to fix one first instead, as I have custom presets and templates for print, naming, import export etc, and I'll have to move them all manually in the new catalogue, plus wait who knows how much to resync, and I see another whole time wasted if I go this way.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?