Highlighted

Lightroom Classic Sync wrong photo count?

New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased the latest Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. I previously had Lightroom Cassic 6, but I wanted to have all my photos online.

I imported my Lightroom 6 catalogue into Lightroom to get all photos on the web. I then logged into Lightroom Mobile and synced my camera roll on my iPhone. SO now all my photos are in the cloud.

When that was complete, I uninstalled Lightroom Classic 6 and then installed Lightroom Classic (the latest version). I then turned on Sync to get all my photos back in Lightroom Classic. Now I have Lightroom and Lightroom Classic on a laptop and Lightroom Mobile on my iPhone.

Problem: I can't reconcile the different number of photos shown in Lightroom Classic to Lightroom. I am worried some photos are missing or there are errors or virtual copies are counted differently of some file types do not sync or the is an error.

On the web I get 72,274 photos

matthewm24721058_1-1590985622599.png

On Lightroom on my laptop I get 72.724 photos:

matthewm24721058_2-1590985641658.png

In Lightroom Mobile I get 68,883 photos:

matthewm24721058_3-1590985745972.png

In Lightroom Classic I get two different numbers (72,167 as "All Photos" and 69,106 as "All Synced Photos")

matthewm24721058_5-1590985918796.png

I have not imported an photos into Lightroom Classic other than via Sync to Lightroom.

I do not have any Sync errors, Sync is not paused on any device, Sync is complete on each device.

I am on Windows 10.

Can anyone help me to figure out why there would be a difference? I have done a lot of research via Google, so help is very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic Sync wrong photo count?

New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased the latest Lightroom Classic and Lightroom. I previously had Lightroom Cassic 6, but I wanted to have all my photos online.

I imported my Lightroom 6 catalogue into Lightroom to get all photos on the web. I then logged into Lightroom Mobile and synced my camera roll on my iPhone. SO now all my photos are in the cloud.

When that was complete, I uninstalled Lightroom Classic 6 and then installed Lightroom Classic (the latest version). I then turned on Sync to get all my photos back in Lightroom Classic. Now I have Lightroom and Lightroom Classic on a laptop and Lightroom Mobile on my iPhone.

Problem: I can't reconcile the different number of photos shown in Lightroom Classic to Lightroom. I am worried some photos are missing or there are errors or virtual copies are counted differently of some file types do not sync or the is an error.

On the web I get 72,274 photos

matthewm24721058_1-1590985622599.png

On Lightroom on my laptop I get 72.724 photos:

matthewm24721058_2-1590985641658.png

In Lightroom Mobile I get 68,883 photos:

matthewm24721058_3-1590985745972.png

In Lightroom Classic I get two different numbers (72,167 as "All Photos" and 69,106 as "All Synced Photos")

matthewm24721058_5-1590985918796.png

I have not imported an photos into Lightroom Classic other than via Sync to Lightroom.

I do not have any Sync errors, Sync is not paused on any device, Sync is complete on each device.

I am on Windows 10.

Can anyone help me to figure out why there would be a difference? I have done a lot of research via Google, so help is very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to using all 3 different LR versions.

LR Classic, Lightroom Cloud Storage for the desktop computer and LR Mobile on your Mobile Device.

Therein lies the problem, IMHO.

And it seems you are trying to syncing a very large amount of images across all 3 versions.

I susgest you Pick One version of LR to use on your desktop (Notebook) computers and get rid of the other version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would concur with the advice of JustShootMe and simplify your software set to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC.

Perhaps you could let us know if that suits and provides any improvement if you decide to make any changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thanks, but your responses don't try to help, instead you are saying it is just too hard to solve. 

You want me to simplify my setup? It is already very simple.

I have 2 devices synced to Lightroom Web and they show a different number of total photos. Is this not the whole basis of Adobe's offering? Should I just accept that it does not work and keep paying?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what exact LR subscription plan do you pay for and how much cloud storage space does it included and how much have you used up trying to sync 69+ or 72+ THOUSAND images with?

Could be simply you have used up all the allotted space available to you and that is one reason (if not the only reason) you are getting conflicting image count numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0