• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Thinks I have two Catalogs.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Lightroom Classic. I was beginning to understand the catalog, how it workd and where it was stored. Recently, however, I've noticed that when I launch Lighroom Classic, V10.2, I get a pop-up box that says; "You can only sync a single Lightroom catalog. You are currently syncing "Lightroom Catalog .lrcat." Would you like to sync "Lightroom Catalog .lrcat" instead?" 

I checked, and I do in fact have only one Lightroom catalog. Why is Lightroom asking me if I want to choose between two catalogs that are named exactly the same? 

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps also sync a catalog on another computer? If not, then maybe you should try to reset the preferences: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Johan. No, I only have one computer. I did experiment a bit with the lightroom mobile app. I did sync a few photos from lightroom mobile but those photos have been removed from mobile, as well as LR classic. My HDD shows only on LR Classic catalog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really frustrating. I've gone over everything I could think of. I only have one Lightroom catalog and I've always had only one Lightroom catalog. Why does Lightroom think I have 2 catalogs, and why is it telling me I'm currently syncing one catalog and if I'd like to sync a different catalog instead? The funny thing is, it's telling me that both catalogs have the exact same name. How is that possible? If I turn off syncing, will this stop? 
one last thing; the window doesn't come up every time I launch Lightroom, only when I wait several days and try launching again. Does anybody have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of thoughts out of the box.

Do you have multiple users on the same computer?

Are you signing in as Administrator or your users a/c?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, DedeGannes. One computer, one user, administrator. I have a feeling that since it's referring to syncing, it almost has to have something to do with the photos in synced earlier with Lightroom mobile, and since I have no more photos to sync, Lightroom is mistakingly asking me if I want to sync Lightroom mobile instead of Lightroom classic. If that's the case, how do I turmit off? I think I'll just turn off syncing in Lightroom until I need it again. 
thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, syncing is between Lightroom Classic and the Creative Cloud ecosystem. Lightroom mobile is part of that ecosystem, so there is no difference. What somehow happens is that Lightroom Classic thinks that your catalog has changed, and so it thinks it's a different one from the one before (which was synced). You cannot 'turn off' syncing, but you can pause it under the small cloud icon at the top right of the main window, next to the module names.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines