• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic TIFF Color Shift

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using LR Classic for a few years, and I've never noticed this before, but here's what I'm seeing right now...

I'm editing some photos of the night sky (hello Neowise right? Haha). Anyway, the photos are roughly monochromatic in nature. When I'm done editing, I export a TIFF, and compare it to the LR window where I do my editing, and they're not the same. I don't mean like I find a couple stray pixels. I mean the hue is off, the contrast is different, the grain is way off...

I've tried the experiment with various color space settings in the export dialog box and always the same result.

Whats more, when I import the TIFF itself back into LR, and compare the histogram of the TIFF to that of the original, those are different.

Adobe support told to reset preferences. Didn't do anything.

Also, to clarify, I'm viewing the TIFF and the LR window on the same monitor, to take that out of the equation. Really though, I think the histogram speaks for itsef. So!  Who has an idea what I might be missing? I'm not a pro at this so it seems like something a power user would know the answer to straight away.  Thanks!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without you posting screen shots of what you are seeing on your screen we have no idea what is going on.

Also viewing on the same screen means basically nothing. Different programs will display images differently, some programs are color managed and some aren't, and your Monitor profile might have become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried or can you use the "round-trip" from LR Classic > Edit in Photoshop > Save to Lightroom and check your results?

You lock in a known colour space that way .  .  .

But yep post a screen shot thanks also demonstrating your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I'm done editing, I export a TIFF, and compare it to the LR window where I do my editing, and they're not the same.

Compare in what other application and how? 

You need to compare in Develop, at 1:1 in another color managed application also at 1:1 or also known as 100% zoom. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines