Highlighted

Lightroom Classic unable to load lens profile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 hours ago, all was fine, but in the middle of editing a shoot, all the lens profiles on the raw files have disappeared and I'm left with distortions galore - help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Lens profiles just don't disappear. Are you certain the images you are looking at are raw files?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic unable to load lens profile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 hours ago, all was fine, but in the middle of editing a shoot, all the lens profiles on the raw files have disappeared and I'm left with distortions galore - help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Lens profiles just don't disappear. Are you certain the images you are looking at are raw files?

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, well, don't I feel silly! It would appear I have switched picture format in the camera to Jpeg in the middle of my shoot!! This explains why the first lot of photos were fine and then suddenly weren't. I'm relieved because it's fro my last shoot so all the others I have to edit should be fine 😄 Excuse me while I go kick myself!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there, done that. But it's interesting to me that the JPEG images in today's cameras are getting so good that it's difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were pretty good, but a lot less room for editing for sure - a little bit too contrasty for my needs, but should be acceptable for the purpose. I'm sure my client won't notice 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0