• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic unexpectedly quits on export, makes me sign in.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently been trying to export timelapse images, so anywhere between 300-2000 images, and just randomly, I will return to my computer to find a popup dialog box saying "Are you sure you wish to quit during export?" (Or something close to that.) My only options are "quit" or "cancel" and even if I hit 'cancel', LR closes. I've seen this happen after as little as 64 images / 300 images completed. Then, EVERY time I reopen LR, I am forced to sign back into my Adobe account. 

In my research, everyone seems to mention LR is "crashing," and most likely due to hardware failure, but with the dialog box and then having to sign back in, my issue seems more purposeful and account-driven. I've looked into the account and through the Creative Suite and can't see anything that would drive this. 

All other CC apps seem fine and other than this issue, LR seems to be normal.

LR version 9.4 (I rolled back to 9.2.1, 9.2, and 9.1 and had the same issue.)

Windows 10 Pro, i7-6700k CPU @4.00 GHz, 64gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

It's only a thought. Please try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only a thought. Please try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

How about your free disk space? It's possible the Lightroom hasn't enough space to save temporary data on the disk.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the response. Disabling the GPU didn't help and I had plenty of disk space, but so far it does seem as if resetting preferences did work. I just got through a batch of 1200 images, which is a lot more than I was able to prior to the reset. I'll keep exporting and report back if the issue happens again, but so far so good on the preferences reset. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that... The issue has started happening again. After resetting my preferences and thinking that was the solution, I did not make any changes and Lightroom began "quitting" on me again.

The new issue as of this morning is that now Adobe made me sign into Photoshop after quitting LR. All the previous times, PS worked fine and I only had to sign into LR again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes issues are specific to your user accountTesting a clean user account. It can rule out a lot of potential problems in one goIf you’re not sure how to create a clean user accountclick here for Microsoft and Apple’s official instructions.  

If this doesn' help I would recommend a clean reinstallation by follow the steps below:   

  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with this for nearly a year! Dealing with it right now as I type this. I have already tried everything suggested here and even went as far as reinstalling windows on my computer and starting over with everything from factory settings... twice!!!  LR still quits....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was distracted by another project and never did any of the suggestions lists above, but in exporting some new TL files recently, I have not had this happen again. It seems to have just fixed itself for me and the only thing I can think of that was different was updating LR to the newest version.

I know that doesn't necessarily help, but I figured I'd just update the thread instead of going dark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines