Lightroom Classic v 10.0 not available?

Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, everyone! I know earlier forums I checked clarified that the new LrC version 10.0 was heading to servers in waves, but being in November now, I'm curious why it isn't showing as available. Could it be my computer specifications can't handle it, so it isn't showing as available? Or is patience still the winning game, here? 

Thank you in advance for any feedback on my confusion here! Cheers. 

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic v 10.0 not available?

Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, everyone! I know earlier forums I checked clarified that the new LrC version 10.0 was heading to servers in waves, but being in November now, I'm curious why it isn't showing as available. Could it be my computer specifications can't handle it, so it isn't showing as available? Or is patience still the winning game, here? 

Thank you in advance for any feedback on my confusion here! Cheers. 

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take two screen-clips for us (in your Lightroom version) , then Insert them to your post with the icon above your reply-

ScreenShot185.jpg

One screen-clip (like my sample) of the report from Lightroom-Classic MENU: Help > System Info...

ScreenShot183.jpg-

And one clip (like my sample) of the report from the Creative Cloud Desktop App: MENU: Help > About Creative CLoud-

ScreenShot184.jpg

We may get some clues from the clips!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the Creative Cloud Application, click on 'Help', then choose 'Check for Updates'. The number of updates available will be listed under 'Apps'. Click on 'All Apps' and the Lightroom Classic update should be lsited.

Below screesnhots might help you navigate your way to the update.

cc-app-update-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the in depth response! I refreshed the app, checked the help option and checked for updates. It says LrC is up to date at version 9.4 with no available updates. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and it turns out, my macbook is a late 2011, which is unable to run the most current OS available for Mac. So I'd wager that's my issue. I'm building a new PC in a month or so, so I'll just hold out until then and keep using the version I'm currently stuck at. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the operating system requirements at the below link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1
CodyK303 LATEST
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone who tried helping me figure this out! I'm about a year into editing on a computer with Lightroom, and I guess my old laptop just cant hold up. I can't update my Macbook to the most current OS, which I would assume is my issue with not seeing the current version of LrC. I'll hold out using version 9.4 until my new PC build is finished and I have a much more up to date rig to run what I need. Thank you, again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1