• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v 10.0 Update Failed

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I attempt to update to lightroom classic 10.0 (on my iMac) I get the message that the update failed. When I look for more info, it says "Unable to extract files. Press Retry to download the product again. (Error Code 127)" I've tried multiple times, and even restarted my computer and attempted it again. Not sure where to go from here. 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is to completely uninstall Classic and then install it from the creative cloud app. If that doesn't help, you might need to run the Creative CLoud Cleaner app: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

These errors are typical for when a partially downloaded updater is sitting on your harddrive and it tries to update from that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

from:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error127

Error code 127: Unable to extract files

Error code 127 indicates that the installer is not able to extract the zip file in temp location on your device. This might happen due to a lack of disk space, or if the necessary permissions are not available. Sometimes, even an antivirus software can block the extraction process in the temp directory. 

Solution

Do the following and then try to install the app again:

Check permissions on adobetemp folder located at:
[Windows]: <system drive>\adobetemp
[macOS]: <system drive>/adobetemp
Disable your antivirus software temporarily, and then try your download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines