• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v10 seems full of bugs

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIGHTROOM CLASSIC V.10.0 BLURRY LIBRARY MODULE WHEN ZOOMED IN AND DEVELOP SETTINGS NOT COPYING ACROSS PROPERLY

• Import photos and zoom in to check sharpness (requires 200% in Lightroom Classic for pixel view whereas other software such as Olympus Workspace and Apple Preview manage the same view at 1:1).
  • View in Library module is fuzzy, but click over to Develop module and it’s sharp.  Library module is not only fuzzy, but also a bit pixellated and jaggy in places.  Not sure if the effect is the same at 100% view as it’s hard to tell on an iMac 5k screen at default resolution.
  • Try the same thing with the same photo in Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC and there is none of this fuzziness.
  • Try it in Olympus Workspace and there’s no fuzziness (and only requires clicking 1:1 view for same magnification).
  • Try it in Apple Preview where 100% view gives ‘1 image pixel = 1 screen pixel’ (same as Olympus Workspace 1:1 view) and no fuzziness.
  • The effect is the same in freshly imported images with no presets applied and in those that have been developed; just fuzziness all the way in Library mode now.  It’s the software, not the iMac 5K by the way.  I’ve tried that in all different resolution settings.
  • THE ONLY PLACE this fuzziness occurs is Lightroom Classic CC V10 Library view.  One would normally expect to import photos and use Library view to check for sharpness, amongst other things, and cull photos.  This is IMPOSSIBLE because the zoomed in view is always fuzzy.  I deleted loads of photos and wondered what on Earth was wrong with my camera or with me before I realised the fault is with Lightroom Classic.  It did NOT used to be like this.  The effect is so pronounced that I would have noticed.  In fact, I tried the same thing with the previous version of Lightroom Classic (v9.4) on the MacBook Pro and there was no difference between Library and Develop module views.  Both were sharp.  Today, I scrapped Lightroom Classic V10 on the iMac and put it back to v9.4 and all seems to be back to normal again.
  • There must be some sort of bug in the Lightroom Classic update as it has only started since I ran that update.  I see online that others are having similar problems, which render the Library view largely pointless.  
  • Another 'quirk' of v10 that I noticed was when trying out development variations via 'virtual copy' whereby - create virtual copy, try different adjustments from original, including white balance, then copy all settings, go back to original RAW file and paste settings.  According to the tools tab, the white balance had copied across, but visually it was obvious that it had not.  I tried this in both directions - original to virtual copy and vice versa.  Just the same.  The histogram sometimes looked different between versions as well, so there may have been other things that claimed to have copied across when they had not.  As with the blurriness in the Library module, reverting back to v9.4 has cured this lunacy.  So, I now have a few photos to reprocess, but better that than carry on with the mess that v10 seems to be.  I'm just lucky I haven't taken all that many photos since upgrading.  For any professionals or high volume hobbyists this unreliability must be atrocious, time-wasting and potentially very expensive.  I can see online that people are having various other problems with v10. This is just an unacceptable mess that Adobe really need to sort out quickly.  I am currently regretting not giving my trial version of Capture One a more thorough test run before deleting it.

To add insult to injury, Adobe don't exactly make it easy to send them a list of problems, such as those above, in the hope that they might have a simple fix or at least that they might note the problems when working on a revision of v10.  It seems they don't really want to hear from their customers.

Computer details for all of the above: 2020 iMac 5k running at default resolution.  Calibrated with xRite i1 Display Pro (and I tried the above with and without the calibration just in case).  3.8 GHz 8 core Intel Core i7 with 2TB SSD.  64GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM.  AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8GB graphics card (tried on and off to check above problems).  MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.    (The MacBook Pro referred to was early 2015 13" with 8GB RAM, itegrated graphics and High Sierra MacOS and running LRC 9.4, but that's irrelevant.  The problem is clearly Lightroom Classic V10 since v9.4 reinstalled on the same iMac cures the various barmy problems).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting list, but alas posted to the wrong forum. This forum is for User to User communication, ideas, queries, etc. Bugs and Features should be posted at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

BTW, when posting your bugs and features to above linked forum you'll need to create a new post for each otherwise the Bug / Feature tracking system won't function as intended. By posting each bug independly other customers can 'Like' the bug. The more likes, the  more chance the bug / feature will be picked up by QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting me know.  Will delete the above (if I can) and redirect it.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines