• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v13.2 not launching on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem using Lightroom CC Classic v13.2 on a Lenovo x270 laptop running an i7-7500U CPU with 16 GB RAM running Windows 10 (64) v1909 with everytihg on an SSD with loads of free space. It’s not my main production system but I thought is should be good enough to test out LR’s new Nikon live view tethering feature. I’ve confirmed that tethering with Live View works with a D800E, but loading Lightroom is so much trouble that its pretty well useless for me.

The problem I'm experiencing is that LR most often hangs at startup and never finishes loading. If I click on anything in Lightroom's UI I get a (Not Responding) message in the title bar. I tried leaving LR alone to see if it would ever finish loading, but after an hour it had not. When it does occasionally load (after a number of force quits and restarts) I’ve tried changing whatever options are available, such as turning off the GPU option, lowering catalogue resolution and quality (set to Low), running LR in Administrator Mode, and still it hangs most times I try to launch it.

I’ve now discovered that if I open any another app, such as Notepad, and toggle 2-3 times between LR and that app via their tabs on the taskbar, Lightroom WILL stop displaying the (Not Responding) message in its title bar, it finishes loading, and I can then start using it.

I'm at a loss to explain why this seems to work and what Lightroom problem it might be fixing??

Any ideas?

Russell

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

I'm at a loss to explain why this seems to work and what Lightroom problem it might be fixing??

Any ideas?

It sounds similar to an issue which has recently been reported to the Adobe engineering team. When you get past the "Not Responding" state, do File>Plug-in Manager and see if you have a "LogiOptions" plug-in installed. If you do, disable it and that should fix the problem. If you don't have that particular plug-in installed, try disabling all plug-ins. Assuming that fixes the p

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Lightroom Classic 13.2. Please go to Help->System Info and report the Lightroom Classic version NUMBER shown there, on the row that begins with "Lightroom Classic version:"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, you're right... my mistake (eyeballs ain't what they used to be <g>).

It's Lightroom Classic v10.2 and ACR 13.2

Perhaps a forum moderator can correct my subject line (I wish I could...) so I don't have to repost the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas?

It sounds similar to an issue which has recently been reported to the Adobe engineering team. When you get past the "Not Responding" state, do File>Plug-in Manager and see if you have a "LogiOptions" plug-in installed. If you do, disable it and that should fix the problem. If you don't have that particular plug-in installed, try disabling all plug-ins. Assuming that fixes the problem, you can start re-enabling the plug-ins one by one till you find the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines