Highlighted

Lightroom Classic (v9.3)

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LrC to v9.3 and it will not launch.  It was working prior to the update.

Lightroom.exe - System Error: The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Reinstalled VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.  Keep getting the same error message.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic (v9.3)

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LrC to v9.3 and it will not launch.  It was working prior to the update.

Lightroom.exe - System Error: The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Reinstalled VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.  Keep getting the same error message.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came upon this string which is related to your  post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/vcruntime140-1-dll-error-while-launching-illustrator-2020...

The application that showed the same error is Illustrator however the  fix may also solve  your problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I uninstalled & reinstalled Visual C++ 3 times. The 3rd time it
worked and LrC launched with no problem. Go figure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0