• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic-Version: 10.1 is crashing all the time under Big Sure 11.1.

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the following Problem:

Lightroom Classic-Version: 10.1 is crashing all the time under Big Sure 11.1.

After Starting Lightroom and working in for approx 3 minutes my MAC is frosen and will restart. 

This I can reproduce after every start of LRC.

Have deinstalled LRC and install it again. Same problem will accure.

Is the someone out out there and can help?

MAny thanks isd advance

TB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone, there are many threads of users reporting this problem with LR Classic 10.1. mysekf included.

One proposed solution (which works for me fingers crossing) is to disable the GPU in LR preferences or to go back to 10.0

I hope this helps, I would like to know if Adobe is working on this problem or not but no official comments till now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if Adobe is working on this problem or not but no official comments till now

You won't get official comments from Adobe in this forum, because we are not Adobe, we are just Lightroom Classic users who can't fix anything. You might get official comments here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm not very familiar with the forum and or where to look for answer. Thanks for suggesting the appropriate place which I'll visit. It's an important problem which affects many users and it is important to be informed about developments, thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! As said, disable GPU on 10.1 or downgrade back to 10.0. 

What pisses me more that this bug it that I've spent hours on Adobe Support/remote desktop and they:

A.) Have no idea about this massive bug

B.) Advised me totaly nonsense for eg. dissconenct my network drives

C.) Had no technical knowladge about GPU memory and way LcR works with it

D.) Asked same questions for + five times

E.) Ended support chat after ONE MINUTE of my inactivity, even if the problem WAS NOT solved. 

This is what we get for giveing you Adobe our money!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your complaints about Adobe support really don't fit here, we're not Adobe, we are other Adobe users who have no control over what Adobe tech support does, or what the software itself does. Don't complain to us.

Provide useful information about the problem you have and what you have done to try to solve the problem and what happened. Be constructive. We need information, not complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I understand it. I'll keep that on mind next time. At least maybe some from Adobe will read this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe generally doesn't read this forum. If you want them to read your CONSTRUCTIVE comments ("please fix this, please improve your online support, here are my reasons"), and information, you can go to the official feedback forum, the link is on the main page of this forum, it says "Submit Product Feedback". I doubt they want complaints either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not want to go more OT, but after many hours with support chat today, I've specifically where to report LR's bugs/issues and they have provided me with ling to this foromu. Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 16.14.27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro 2013 trash can 32 G RAM and AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Problem when updating to LR Classci 10.1 happened when I was on Mojave and also after updating to Big Sur. Not only on Big Sur.
It seems to work when disabling GPU as many suggestions.

(I think from the various complaints Adobe sholud be aware of the problem and at least let users know if they are working on it or if the temporary solution is definitive. End of rant :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you say and take opportunity to thanks the users who gave appropriate suggestion for a temporary fix (disabling GPU).

But it seems me Adobe makes very complicated to report a bug or a problem! I have noy yet understood how or where to do it!

Can anyone point me to an appropriate link? I do not find any in the Adobe page or the Adobe Cloud page!

Sorry, to say this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are accessing this forum on your computer, on the forum Main screen before you click on a discussion there is a link that will take you to the forum where you can submit feedback.

Screenshot 2020-12-17 092016.jpg

I know this will probably cause a lot of stir. I'm a Windows user so I really have no way of knowing. But this morning I received an e-mail from Red River Paper advising Mac users not to upgrade to Big Sur yet suggesting that it would be a good idea to give the new OS at least six months to stabilize. That's all I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but problem was present with the older OS as well! I tried to report it in the appropriate forum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am having the same problem with Lightroom Classic crashing.  I am operating Big Sur 11.0.1 and LRc 10.1

The symptoms i have is that the develop module crashes whenever I move any of the sliders.  If I do not go into the develop module then LRc seems to work fine.  Any help from anyone would be gratefully received

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines