• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not import pictures from a card

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud with most up to date version of LRC,  About 2 months ago it start to have trouble importing pictures from a card inserted directly into the computer or when using a card reader. First it was slow and now it won't do it at all no matter how long you wait (overnight). The typical error message comes up after about 3-5 minutes saying that LRC is not responding , please close or wait until it does.  I typcally import raw files from one of two cameras, a fugifilm XT4 and a Nikon 750, and convert to DNG.  LRC does not import from cards from either camera. Both had in the past.  I have been on the chat tech support and the phone tech support on 5 occassions (5 different techs with one ongoing file) for over 8 hours.  No one has been able to diagnose and fix this problem.  Has anyone had this problem?  How did you fix it?    Lynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like either the card(s) are going bad (just like hard drives do) or the card reader is developing hardware problems.

Mac or Windows? Which version of the OS?

Which exact version of Lightroom?

What happens if you copy the files from the card using the OS file browser then import into LR from the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the problem persists with different cards and it also persists whether you use the slot in the computer or the card reader connected by usb, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, did not read to the end of your reply.  I have creative cloud LRC's version 10.11. If I up load directly to desktop on my hard drive it. I can import pictures into LRC from there, but sure do not want that to be my only option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add that extra data point, you are saying that Windows File Explorer has no trouble transfering the images off the cards to the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines