• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not reopen. Help!

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I closed and backed up Lightroom Classic. Now when I open Adobe Creative Cloud, it will not reopen. Help! There is an open button but no reponse. I can open Photoshop but not Lightroom.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a [Double-Click] on your Catalog (????.LRCAT) file to 'Open' it?

Do you see any Error Messages?

Post a screen-clip of your CC Desktop App screen showing installed programs.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find my Catalog. Been looking and done searches. Not looking good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find 4 LR CAT folders in zip format. None of them show "Lock" however they cant be opened. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following, go to the sub folder "Lightroom " it's the folder where your Lightroom Catalog file which ends with the extension .lrcat (LRCAT), short for Lightroom Catalog. If there is a file with the Catalog name and the extension .lock (LOCK) delete that file.

The lock file is created when you have a Catalog file open and protects the file from being accessed by another user. If Lightroom closes unexpectedly the lock file may remain in place and prevent you from reopening the Catalog.

Simply double clicking on the Catalog file will boot Lightroom and open the Catalog.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders I come up with is an old Lightroom 5 folder from years ago before subscription. 

Interestingly, I closed lightroom because I was trying to print an image. The preview looked dark with a green/grayish yint. Printing showed the same problem. I thought if I closed Lightroom and shut down the computer it would possibly reset itself. After restarting, thr LR button would not respond. Still looking for the LR file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your response. Everything is back up and running. Much appreciation.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact you do see an (Open) button in the Desktop App, but Lr-Classic does not open at all- is very unusual. It might suggest a corrupt install of Lr-Classic. Try to un-install and re-install in the Desktop App.

Lightroom-Classic must have a Catalog file (???.LRCAT) to 'open'. If none are detected when LrC opens, then a new empty catalog is created.

The 'ZIP' folders are backups of the Catalog. You cannot 'open' these catalogs in ZIP format. You must first 'Extract' the catalog .LRCAT file using the OS and copy it to another convenient folder (Desktop/Lightroom, Pictures/Lightroom, etc), then [Double-Click] the .LRCAT file to 'open' it.

(A 'Lock' file would never appear in a ZIP folder backup as it is removed when a successful Close and Backup is done.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines