Highlighted

Lightroom Classic won't import RAW files taken with Rokinon 14mm f/2.8

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Lightroom Classic won't import any RAW photos taken with my Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lens. It shows a "Preview unavailable for this file" gray block on the import screen, then when I try to import it says "Some import operations were not performed. An unknown error occured."

It will import any photos taken with any of my Nikon lenses no problem. It will also import the JPG versions of the photos I've taken with the Rokinon.

Has anyone else come across this/have a solution?

I am up to date on all software and firmware. See below for specs.

Camera:

Nikon Z5 - up to date firmware

Lightroom Classic:

Up to date (Version 9.4)

Camera Raw:

Up to date (Version 12.4)

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

LR 9.4 can't import Z5 or Z6 raws taken with non-Nikon lenses.  Adobe has acknowledged this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lens-support-nikkor-16mm-f28d-with-nikon-z5-and-ftz/5f5f462a4b561a3d4277848e

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

TOPICS
Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic won't import RAW files taken with Rokinon 14mm f/2.8

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Lightroom Classic won't import any RAW photos taken with my Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lens. It shows a "Preview unavailable for this file" gray block on the import screen, then when I try to import it says "Some import operations were not performed. An unknown error occured."

It will import any photos taken with any of my Nikon lenses no problem. It will also import the JPG versions of the photos I've taken with the Rokinon.

Has anyone else come across this/have a solution?

I am up to date on all software and firmware. See below for specs.

Camera:

Nikon Z5 - up to date firmware

Lightroom Classic:

Up to date (Version 9.4)

Camera Raw:

Up to date (Version 12.4)

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

LR 9.4 can't import Z5 or Z6 raws taken with non-Nikon lenses.  Adobe has acknowledged this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lens-support-nikkor-16mm-f28d-with-nikon-z5-and-ftz/5f5f462a4b561a3d4277848e

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

TOPICS
Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lens-support-nikkor-16mm-f28d-with-ni...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1