Lightroom Classic won't launch

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Lightroom Classic to launch. When I try to I get spinning wheel while the computer thinks about it for a second then nothing happens, but Lightroom Classic shows up as a Background Process in Task Manager. This only happens with Lightroom Classic, I also have Photoshop and Lightroom (not classic) and both of those work with no issue. I have tried un-installing + reinstalling including using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner but always with the same result (everything except Lightroom Classic works). Is anyone able to help or experienced something similar? Details below.

Creative Cloud 5.3.1.470

Lightroom Classic 10.0

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020
You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted click Yes to reset Preferences.   EDIT: I forgot to add that the Reset Preferences prompt is a small dialougue box, which may be hidden behind other windows. If you don't see it try minimizing or closing all other open windows.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted click Yes to reset Preferences.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Reset Preferences prompt is a small dialougue box, which may be hidden behind other windows. If you don't see it try minimizing or closing all other open windows.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thank you very much!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that worked. To get LrC back to the previous state you'll need to re-enter any changes you had made to LrC Preferences and reinstall any plugins you were using.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Odd communication issue

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Sign out, sign in.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines