Lightroom Classic - won't open beyond the Splash Screen

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a Air Mac (M1) user, and since the Big Sur Update, Lightroom Classic wont open. Basically Lightroom Classic doesnt launch and closes automatically after the splash screen. 

I logged in, logged of, restarted my computer, reset the preferences, but no success. I reinstalled Lightroom Classic several times, no success. 

I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic 10.2 as well as the latest version of Big Sur. Photoshop and the online Version of Lightroom, work just fine. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the folder containing your Lightroom catalog. If you see a file ending with lrcat.lock, it should be deleted

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much for the quick reply. I did as recommended, but it still wont open. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines